Yep. You read that right.
It's a word created by my daughters - a cross between remembering and memorizing. They have no idea that it isn't really a word and I kinda love that about it. Plus, I love the word because I have come to appreciate the exercise of it - of remembering and memorizing the Word of God.
A couple of years ago, God used this verse to light a fire in me for His Word ...
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8
Now I could go on and on about the importance of rememberizing the Word of God - but you can get that teaching anywhere. Instead, let give you my why. This is why I prioritize the discipline of wallpapering my mind with God's Word.
1. My mind is sick. It can not be trusted. It needs the Word of God like an infection needs antibiotics.
2. I do not have the natural ability to memorize. I had to ask for it. Even if you don't want it, I dare you to ask God to give you the desire and ability to absorb and retain His Word. If you do, it will change your life. Forever.
3. As soon as I began rememberizing, I couldn't stop! Our minds were created to contain the Word of God. I'm sure of it!
4. God's Word is changing my mind. It really is living and active, and it's power to renew the mind is - well - mind blowing!
5. It is how God most often speaks to me. By His Spirit, God uses His Word to teach, guide and comfort me. I don't ever want to lose the ability to hear. Ever.
More on rememberizing soon! Until then - Get in the Word, girls!